NOTE: You may require Adobe Flash Player
A multimedia CPD program for financial planners, paraplanners and their training managers
PDsessions is a monthly subscription-based continuing professional development (CPD) program that provides you with an effective solution to meet your ongoing ASIC RG146 compliance obligations and gain a competitive advantage. PDsessions is now available online and in hard copy.
The program is based on extensive research and interviews with industry experts and is delivered in print format or as multimedia training.
You will receive 10 editions of PDsessions per year, from February to November, each consisting of a 3-hour training program comprising:
comprehensive workbook containing the News in review and 4 print articles with expert commentary, practical examples and case studies to illustrate key concepts
monthly Economic Update and each trimester an Investment Outlook featuring some of Australia’s leading economists
1-hour video program with up to 20 filmed interviews (available in DVD, CD-ROM or Audio CD formats)
detailed leader’s guide for facilitating group study
monthly assessment and reporting.
Improve efficiency with monthly financial planning industry news drawn from a variety of sources and consolidated into one article
Save time by simply completing one assessment each month for 10 months to gain all the CPD points you need
Manage compliance issues, as the content is designed to cover all the key ASIC competencies each year using content developed by a panel of industry experts — no need to spend time working out a training plan, it is all done for you
Increase knowledge retention by hearing industry experts’ views and the key points of each article
Flexibility in having 3 months to complete the assessment and submit it to us for marking. You can work independently or run the sessions with a group
You can choose to outsource your administration and reporting. Kaplan Professional will track the progress of your group and issue results. Administrators can also choose to receive a consolidated monthly group report
You can complete the training individually or use it as the basis for group training sessions. Either way, it provides a convenient and cost-effective solution.
Learn more about PDsessions:
Hard copy or online format?
You can choose to receive your subscription as hard copy or online workbooks with a choice of accompanying media (DVD, CD-ROM or audio CD), or you can completely subscribe online to receive your workbooks and media content in one location. The choice is yours.
PDsessions hard copy
- Your workbook and media will be sent by mail and usually arrives in the second week of each month in which a program is produced
- Your assessment sheet will arrive with your workbook — completed assessments can be faxed or emailed to us.
- Saves you time with immediate access to your training and results online — CPD material will be available to download on the first business day of each month. You can also complete assessments while the material is still fresh in your mind
- Saves you money — no postage fees for workbooks.
Each month, you will receive content that has been carefully selected for its relevance, topicality and importance to advisers. Topics covered throughout the year include:
- economic and market updates from leading industry experts investment and risk products
- estate and business succession planning
- practice management strategies and skills
- wealth accumulation strategies
- portfolio design and construction
- retirement planning.
PDsessions was the winner of the Silver Screen Award at the 2006 International Film and Video Festival.
Each workbook contains an assessment task, comprising 15 multiple-choice questions. Successful completion of the assessment enables you to earn 3 CPD points per month. In addition, you can earn 1 extra CPD point for viewing the accompanying video program.
Self-study: You have 3 months to complete the assessment and submit it to us by fax or email for marking. You can attempt the assessment as many times as you wish.
Group training: You can choose to outsource your administration and reporting. Each month advisers will receive a multiple-choice assessment to complete and Kaplan Professional will track your progress and issue results. Administrators can also choose to receive a consolidated monthly group report.
PDsessions is accredited for CPD by the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and the Financial Planners Association (FPA). It is recognised by the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants (ATMA) and the National Institute of Accountants (NIA)
The program is typically worth 30 CPD points per year for successful completion of the workbooks and a further 10 points per year for viewing or listening to the media.
Are you looking for ways to track and report on all of the internal and external training completed by your advisers? Kaplan’s Ontrack Tracker/Planner is a tailored online training solution that can help streamline your reporting.
- Keeps track of all of your training and provides full reporting on progress against training plans External training completed outside of Kaplan can be entered into
- Ontrack Dealer group can enter in their own training for users to complete
- There are 4 different reports each advisor can show which can show how they are going with there training - Completed Training/Knowledge Targets/Mandatory Training Requirements/FPA CPD register
- Can create a customised training plan to suit each advisors training requirements
- Plan each advisors minimum training requirements for the tasks and functions associated with your role
To find out how PDsessions can help you meet your ongoing compliance obligations and gain a competitive advantage, contact us today on 1300 527 526 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay on top of the industry by subscribing to PDsessions today. For more information or assistance, contact us on 1300 527 526 or via email email@example.com
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher installed on your PC in order to download and print the completed subscription form. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher, you may download a copy from Adobe's web site.