With over $1 trillion invested in managed funds, the Australian funds management sector is the largest in the world on a per capita basis.
Being an important source of capital for financial markets, efficient and accurate administration of the underlying structures and unit trusts is crucial.
This course provides an outline of the legislative and regulatory environment in which unit trusts operate along with the administrative, tax and registry systems and processes involved.
What you will learn:
- You will learn how unit trusts work, how they are regulated and the associated administrative processes and procedures involved
- You will also obtain the skills to assist customers with registry, reporting, taxation and social security enquiries.
- What topics will be covered
- how unit trusts work – the types of trusts, responsible entities, trustee companies
- regulatory environment
- understanding how to meet the compliance obligations
- administrative procedures and processes
- unit trust registry processes
- tax and social security as they apply to investors in unit trusts interest