The information we collect
Kaplan will collect certain information about you, such as your name, address, and contact details when you register with us. We may also collect this and other specific types of personal information necessary for the particular product or service you request from us and during the course of dealing with you, for example when you register for testing or training with Kaplan.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we are collecting that personal information will be made clear at the time of collection, as will the details of any law which requires us to collect particular information.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties where we are retained by those third parties, such as financial advisers, to assist them with auditing and compliance programs.
In the case of recruitment, we will collect personal information about you from third parties, such as your referees, as part of our assessment of your suitability for a position. In providing contact details for your referees, you are considered to have given your consent to our collecting that information.
People can generally visit the websites of Kaplan Group without revealing who they are or divulging any personal information. Kaplan Group will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website, except when such visitors knowingly provide it. If you provide us with personal information through the Kaplan website, we may log your usage of Kaplan sites for the purposes described below.
How we use your information
Generally we will only use or disclose your personal information as follows:
- to provide the products, services or information requested from Kaplan, including providing you with products such as video workshops or training or providing you or others with services such as auditing and/or compliance programs for financial advisers;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions or to conduct training, assessments or testing;
- by disclosing it to third parties where we have been retained by those third parties to assist them with recruitment of appropriately qualified personnel, or for the purpose of auditing or compliance checking their dealers, agents or contractors;
- to assist us to make Kaplan sites, services and products more valuable to our clients;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications.
Access to your information
You can access your personal information held by Kaplan by contacting the Kaplan Privacy Officer by contacting us. We will provide you with access unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for providing such information.
If you wish to change any personal information, which is incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us. After receiving notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct such information. If you wish to have your personal information removed from our records, please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will include a note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
Kaplan will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Kaplan cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet of for any unauthorised access or use of that information.